Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Basil Grilled Chicken for My Girl, Paula


I recently joined the group My Girl, Paula! This is a great group of gals who are cooking with Paula Deen recipes each week. There is a new recipe each week and let me tell you.....they all sound wonderful. This week, the recipe was Basil Grilled Chicken. I knew instantly that I would like this chicken recipe and set out to find some basil. I can speak from experience when I tell you that basil and other fresh herbs are hit and miss in my small town. However, I ran to the grocery early in the morning and was thankful to find some.

The recipe is for 4 chicken breasts, or one pound of chicken. You simply make a mix of minced basil and melted BUTTER. We all know Paula loves her butter!! You brush the melted butter and minced basil on the chicken and begin to grill. While the chicken is grilling you baste it with another mixture. Are you ready for it???? Yes, the second mixture for basting has yet MORE BUTTER!! However, it also has more basil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. I don't think I used the same amount of butter, but the dish was so flavorful!! The chicken was moist, flavorful, and had an intoxicating smell. It reminded me of an grilled Italian chicken that I would pay big money for while dining out!! In fact, my husband even liked it and he dislikes basil!! Way to go Paula!! This dish is rated 5 stars on the food network and I have to agree. It is definitely a keeper dish that I will be repeating soon. I am already craving it!! You can find the recipe here.

Thank you everyone with My Girl, Paula for letting me be a part of the group. I really loved this first recipe!!

Please head over to the My Girl, Paula site to check out what everyone else thought of this dish. Next week we will be making Paula's Hummingbird Cake- Yum!

10 comments:

  1. Your chicken looks great! I didn't like mine, but I am going to try it again and use thicker chicken. Especially since you all liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim-- I just made the very same chicken and it was so delicious!! I will be posting about it soon. The flavor was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lokos great, Kim! Basil is positively my favorite herb, and you know I'm not afraid of a little butter! We're getting our new grill this weekend so I'm going to have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i happen to have a big package of fresh basil that needs a good home! this looks perfect, i love anything with fresh basil in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you ever see the spoof of Paula Deen on youtube? A friend of hers (and Paula was in on this) took a stick of butter, covered it in whipped cream and chocolate icing, and served it.

    But I think she has some great recipes, and this one sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that my recipe helped your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great Kim! I'm going to have to make this soon to see how it will turn out for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! I was sick so did not make. I will have to later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun blog event! I have only made one Paula recipe in my life, but I loved it (it was her maple-roasted acorn squash). I'm going to check out the event...maybe there is a hummingbird cake in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious! That group sounds really fun.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.